Why use this safety gate system?
Because of the Innovative design, it can be used anywhere, totally adaptable to any location. Uses standard components, flat-packed for transport, but easy to assemble and install.
The Hi-Gate design has proven the ideal answer to numerous safety issues, which other gates do not address. Can be used with forklifts, overhead cranes or hoists.
Replaces swing gates, removable bars or chains which can be left open. Conforms to BS EN ISO 14122-3:2016 Mezzanine Gates
The innovative 'Hi-Gate' range of safety gates have been specifically developed to provide fool-proof safety for personnel working a height.The design is ideal for many loading applications on mezzanine floors, hoist openings, scaffold platforms, teagle openings or hoist doorways.
The Hi-Gate model is offered to bespoke requirements. See details below - Despatch generally around two weeks. Request a quotation for an accurate schedule.
How It Works
The gates pivot up and down at either end of the load allowing unlimited load height, cleverly hinged to automatically close the edge gate when personnel need to enter the enclosed loading area. An anti-slam damper is included for operator safety.
Hi-Gate Universal Safety Gate System - Standard model or special versions for specific applications are possible.
Features and benefits:
- All Galvanised Tubular steel construction or Safety yellow thermoplastic coated tube (Warm to touch) and galvanised components
- 100 mm high aluminium kick plate
- Supplied complete for simple installation (Partially dismantled for shipment)
- No limit to load height
- Balanced action provides easy opening
- Anti-slam damper for operator safety
- All parts are replaceable
- Separates people from moving loads and falling from unprotected edge
- Allows clear view of operation
- Reinforces sense of security
- Failsafe operation
Hi-Gate Dimensions (mm)
Up to 2000❶
Up to 4500
Full specifications are shown in the brochure download PDF
❶ Bespoke inside width - We recommend that you allow at least 200 mm load clearance for the inside gate
❷ Overall width including mechanism - e.g. inside width 1500mm overall width 2297mm
Special Note: The headroom clearance needed for operation.
: Installation requires 10 x M12 Bolts/Anchors (Not provided)
Optional Special Features: (You can tell us about any special features or extras you require in the additional information box)
- Inside width up to 2000 mm
- Extra deep (up to 4500 mm
- Safety Yellow thermoplastic tube coating
- Teagle opening/runway hoist loading application model (See case study).
- Hi-gate Plus Model with Toe rail and or kick plate for additional safety - inside width + 1500 mm e.g. 1500 mm inside width = 3000 mm headroom clearance required.
- Doorway Modification - Side frames horizontal tubes are extended beyond feet for passage through drilled holes in the wall. Drilled holes one or both side of the door. The edge gate is mounted outboard of the door opening - Design varies according to door type. The gate mechanism leg must be positioned at inboard operator end. (See case study)
- For special models, we will supply an approval layout cut sheet pdf.
Low pivot model in action
- Safety yellow thermoplastic tube coating
- Additional handrailing to complete barrier infill or extend around platform as required
- Floor plate in aluminium chequer plate 1250 mm wide x 1150 mm deep with 100mm fold to protect edge (Recommended for wood floors). Order 2 for wider coverage).
Mezzbarriers tube clamps are made from malleable cast iron. Manufactured in conformance with BS EN 1562:1997, a dependable and well-proven material for this type of product. The fittings are then hot-dipped galvanised to BS EN ISO 1461:1999 to produce a durable corrosion resistant finished surface for extended life. Grub screws are stainless steel. Specially fabricated components are zinc sprayed as standard.
How to get a quote
Once you have all the dimensions, use our easy online step-by-step quotation request form above, to tell us about your application. It may be useful to attach a photo or sketch with the form.
Tip: If you have more than one photo or sketch you could import them into a word document and then save or print as a PDF to send.
We have successfully supplied safety gates all around the UK and as far afield as Canada and Australia without ever visiting the work site. Our component construction gate system is very simple to install and your employees will find it easy to use and will feel more secure. To view a more detailed description please open this website on desktop
Don't forget we're here to help you through the process by phone: 0161 223 1990 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org .