Galvanised Steel Split Pillar Work and Rescue Davits - Man Riding to 136 kg
These UK manufactured work and rescue Davits in galvanised steel provide transportable person suspension for multi-site applications – Latest design with 360°rotational Nylon bearings allow easy and accurate positioning. Working load capacities 136 kg
This unit offers precision made work equipment to match your operatives handling expectations and site locational requirements. These work and rescue davit cranes are socket mounted for siting in restricted spaces, at the side of hand-railing or locations where obstacles or remote site access prevents standard cranes being deployed.
These robust yet economically priced work and rescue davits are truly transportable as they can be easily dismantled for manual handling and are designed to meet your personnell access requirements. For more non-standardised solutions talk to our sales team.
Download the brochure for more information
Features and benefits
- UK manufacture ensures quality construction, traceability and EC conformity
- Robust construction for durability and long service life
- Demountable sections allow for manual installation and ease of portability
- Hot dip galvanised steel construction for use in demanding environments
- Rotational Nylon bearings allow 360° rotation for easy and accurate load positioning
- Choice of davit sockets for safe operation in multiple positions and site locations
- Davit arm is fitted with a man-riding winch with an up/down clutch locking mechanism. Manufactured from steel with a baked enamel finish, the winch has a 50cm per handle turn allowing for rapid retrieving/lowering of the cable. This unit has many applications such as confined space entry, manholes, and chemical vessels, etc. The operative can be winched up or down to safety almost immediately. As most rescue systems lower the casualty, the RGR7 can raise the operative to a safe area, if the area below is unsuitable. For use in the confined access industry, it can lower a worker into an area where no ladders are fitted.
The winch has a working length of 50 metres.
- There is also a three-way 15m retrieval block fitted with an up/down winch mechanism and the standard fall arrest capability. This unit can be used as a standard fall arrest block, but in the event of a fall, the operative can be winched up or down to safety almost immediately. As most rescue systems lower the casualty, this unit can raise the operative to a safe area, if the area below is unsuitable.
The Man-riding rescue retrieval winch function is for use only as a rescue provision & NOT for access/egress.
Where an operative is required to be lowered/raised for access/egress, then the winch must be used.
- This arrangement must be backed up with an independent separate fall arrest system, and a rescue provision that is also separate to the winch. Rescue retrieval block is 15m maximum length as standard. If the requirement is for more than 15m metres, please contact us for further details.
- Declaration of conformity meets EU Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC*
- Installation and operating instructions are provided. See socket installation notes below.
|Davit model Nos. and dimensions in mm|
|Model||SWL kg||Spigot Dia.||B|
|Max. Component |
| Winch rope length|
Retrieval block length
* Retrieval blocks avaialble up to 30 metres (contact us for details)
Optional extras to meet your special requirements are available (Please see links to associated products provided from us at the bottom of this page or contact us for more details):
- Retrieval safety harness
- Combination seat and safety harness
Sockets To view a more detailed description please open this website on desktop
A range of galvanised socket types is available to order for use with your new davit.
Lifting davit sockets are readily available for flush mounting (Cast-in), surface mounted (Pedestal) or Wall /side mounted applications.
Special Note - To comply with statutory regulations and manufacturers installation instructions each socket fixing will require proof load testing after installation and before being taken into use. Subject to the location we can undertake this work and provide a report of proof test. Please contact us for a quotation