Omega Space Saving Pallet Gate
An updated version of a standard design with improved rollers for ease of operation. Now constructed completely with our proven tube clamps system (No welded parts). This means that all parts are replaceable and it can be made to measure for pallets or loads up to 2.5metres high and up to 3000 mm inside width.
It solves this problem: How to provide an economic safety gate for high-level pallet loading where space is at a premium or the area is used for a walkway. or where all-round access to the pallet is required. Loads can be accessed on three sides. And, when in use, it protects people from coming into contact with moving loads and falls from the unprotected edge during fork truck loading access to the mezzanine floor.
Conforms to BS EN ISO 14122-3:2016 Mezzanine Gates
Why use this safety gate system?
The Omega pallet gate design has proven the ideal answer to pallet loading issues. Particularly the space saving side frames with free-rolling rollers makes raising and lowering effortless.
Replaces swing gates, removable bars or chains which can be left open.
The innovative Omega safety gates have been specifically re-developed to provide fool-proof safety for personnel working a height. The design is ideal for many loading applications from standard pallets to exceptionally large loads on mezzanine floors, loading docks, and high-level platforms
The Omega safety gate model is offered to bespoke requirements. See details below - Despatch generally around two weeks - Request a quote for the accurate timescale.
How It Works
The gates mounted between the space saving side frames and have nylon rollers with bearings operated by wire rope pulleys mounted at top of side frames
Omega Space-Saving Safety Gate System - for standard pallets or special versions for specific applications are possible.
Features and benefits:
To view a more detailed description please open this website on desktop
- All Galvanised Tubular steel construction or Galvanised with Yellow Thermoplastic (Warm Touch) Coated Gate cross tubes
- 100 mm high Aluminium kick plate attached to the bottom edge gate
- Pull down/Push up action for easy operation of the balanced gates
- Supplied ready for simple installation (Partially dismantled for shipment)
- High load clearance
- Clear of floor edge when open
- All parts are replaceable
- Separates people from moving loads and falling from the unprotected edge
- Allows a clear view of the operation
- Reinforces a sense of security
- Fail-safe operation
Width options mm ❶
Maximum load height mm ❷
Up to 3000 mm
Up to 2000
Load height + 1400 mm
Up to 2500 mm
❶ We recommend that you allow at least 200-300mm load width clearance on the inside gate width for your widest pallets
❷ This dimension allows at least 150 mm load clearance on inside height. Where headroom is limited we can omit the toe rail of the inner gate to prevent the head hazard.
Installation: Requires 12 x M12 Bolts/Anchors (Not included).
Standard finish: All Galvanised tube and clamps or Thermoplastic safety yellow gate tubes coating with galvanised side frame tube and galvanised clams
*Dimensions are approximate only. Due to differences in the tube clamps and the assembly process, the actual
dimensions may vary slightly. Any critical dimensions such as hole fixing centres should be determined when the product
is actually on your site. We reserve the right to change the design without notice.
Full specifications are shown in the Omega Cut Sheet Download PDF
Optional Special Features: (You can tell us about any special dimensions or extras you require in the Custom gate page)
- Pallet/Load heights up to 2500 mm
- Special inside width up to 3000 mm
- Special depth up to 2000 mm
- Additional handrail to complete barrier infill or extend around your platform as required
- Floor plate in aluminium chequer plate 1250 mm wide x 1150 mm deep with 100mm fold to protect edge (Recommended for wood floors). Order 2 for wider coverage). Delivery free when ordered with your Omega pallet gate
- Hi-Vis Hazard warning Yellow/Black tube sleeves 1000 mm lengths - Easy to fit and cut to length (Sold separately)
Mezzbarriers tube clamps are made of malleable cast iron. Manufactured in conformance with BS EN 1562:1997, a dependable and well-proven material for this type of product. The fittings are then hot-dipped galvanised to BS EN ISO 1461:1999 to produce a durable corrosion resistant finished surface for extended life. Grub screws are stainless steel. Nylon rollers are self-lubricating (low coefficient of friction), excellent wear and abrasion resistance with noise reduction and high Impact strength