Hi-Gate Universal Safety Pallet Gate with Unlimited Load Height - Pallet Safety Gates - Pallet Handling - Material Handling
Hi-Gate Universal Safety Pallet Gate with Unlimited Load Height
- Open top allows unlimited load height - Conformance with BS EN ISO 14122-3:2016.- Can be loaded by forklift or hoist
- Bespoke model with inside width up to 2.0 metres x inside depth up to 4.0 metres - Plus special doorway opening version
- Anti-slam damper fitted as standard - Easy to install with installation and operating instructions provided
- Separates personnel from moving loads and falls from unprotected edge - Operates without protruding over platform edge
- All galvanised finish or Safety yellow thermoplastic coated tube - All parts are replaceable - CE marked
Why use the Hi-Gate safety gate system?
The gates scissor alternatively up to one side providing an open-top which allows for unlimited pallet/load height.
Because of the Innovative design, it can be used anywhere, totally adaptable to any location. Uses standard components, flat-packed for transport, but easy to assemble and install.
The Hi-Gate design has proven the ideal answer to numerous safety issues, which other gates do not address. Can be used with forklifts, overhead cranes or hoists. Hoisted loads can pass through the gates whilst suspended.
Replaces swing gates, removable bars or chains which can be left open.
Conformance to BS EN ISO 14122-3:2016 Mezzanine Gates
The innovative 'Hi-Gate' range of safety gates have been specifically developed to provide fool-proof safety for personnel working a height. The design is ideal for many loading applications on mezzanine floors, hoist openings, scaffold platforms, teagle openings or hoist doorways. The gate linking mechanism includes an anti-slam damper for operator safety.
Made to order approx 2-3 weeks - For accurate despatch date request a quote.
Features and benefits:
- All Galvanised Tubular steel construction
or Safety yellow thermoplastic coated tube (Warm to touch) and galvanised components
- 100 mm high aluminium kick plate
- Supplied complete for simple installation (Partially dismantled for shipment)
- No limit to load height
- Balanced action provides easy opening
- Anti-slam damper for operator safety
- All parts are replaceable
- Separates people from moving loads and falling from the unprotected edge
- Allows the clear view of the operation
- Reinforces sense of security
- Failsafe operation
Custom Hi-Gate main dimensions (Download specification PDF for full dimensions)
- Handrail height: 1,100 mm
- Inside width*: up to 2,000 mm
- Overall width**: Inside width + 797 mm (Includes mechanism)
- Inside depth: up to 4,000 mm
- Overall depth: Inside depth + 210 mm
- Overall height***: Inside width +1,500 mm (Open end)
- Maximum load height: Unlimited
* Bespoke inside width - We recommend that you allow at least 200 mm load clearance for the inside gate width
** Overall width including mechanism - e.g. inside width 1500mm overall width 2297mm
***Special Note: The headroom clearance needed for operation = inside width plus 1500 mm e.g. 1500 mm inside width = overall height of gate open end 3000 mm
Installation requires 10 x M12 Bolts/Anchors (Not provided)
*Dimensions are approximate only. Due to differences in the tube clamps and the assembly process, the actual dimensions may vary slightly. Any critical dimensions such as hole fixing centres should be determined when the product is actually on your site.
We reserve the right to change the design without notice
Full specifications are shown in the brochure download PDF
Optional Special Features: (You can tell us about any special features or extras you require in the special requirements box)
- Inside width up to 2000 mm
- Extra deep (up to 4000 mm
- Safety Yellow thermoplastic tube coating
- Teagle opening/runway hoist loading application model (See case study).
- Doorway Modification - Side frames horizontal tubes are extended beyond feet for passage through drilled holes in the wall. Drilled holes on one or both sides of the door. The edge gate is mounted outboard of the door opening - Design varies according to door type. The gate mechanism leg must be positioned at the inboard operator end. (See case study)
- For special models, we will supply an approval layout cut sheet pdf.
- Safety yellow thermoplastic tube coating
- Additional handrailing to complete barrier infill or extend around the platform as required
- Floor plate in aluminium chequer plate 1250 mm wide x 1150 mm deep with 100mm fold to protect edge (Recommended for wood floors). Order 2 for wider coverage).
Mezzbarriers tube clamps are made from malleable cast iron. Manufactured in conformance with BS EN 1562:1997, a dependable and well-proven material for this type of product. The fittings are then hot-dipped galvanised to BS EN ISO 1461:1999 to produce a durable corrosion-resistant finished surface for extended life. Grub screws are stainless steel. Specially fabricated components are zinc sprayed as standard.
How to get a quote
Once you have all the dimensions, use our easy online step-by-step quotation request form above, to tell us about your application. It may be useful to attach a photo or sketch with the form.
Tip: If you have more than one photo or sketch you could import them into a word document and then save or print as a PDF to send.
We have successfully supplied safety gates all around the UK and as far afield as Canada and Australia without ever visiting the worksite. Our component construction gate system is very simple to install and your employees will find it easy to use and will feel more secure.
Don't forget we're here to help you through the process by phone: 0161 223 1990
or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org